Waiting for a response from the Veterans Affairs about your VA claim can be difficult because you want to know whether you are approved or denied. There are two different ways on how you can inquire the status of your claim:
You can call the toll free number 1-800-827-1000. Simply follow the recorded instruction. A VA representative will answer your call and attend to your concern. You can also call the nearest VA office in your area. To find the local office, search the office's information on the VA website. Phone numbers are included on the data.
To send your questions online, follow these instructions:
- Go to the http://www.va.gov/.
- Click the "contact VA" link located on the upper right corner of the website.
- Click the "ask a question" link.
- Select "status of claim" button and the type of benefits you applied
- Fill out the form completely, and then press "submit."
You can use these methods of communication to find out the condition of various types of VA claim such as compensation and pension, burial and memorial benefits, survivor's benefits, life insurance benefits, health insurance benefits, etc.